Sunday, February 1, 2009

The sweet smells of rosemary


Rosemary, rosemary, it has to be one of my favorite herbs. From everthing I read, this wonderful aromatic evergreen originated in the Mediterranean and has adapted well all over the world. This wonderful plant is a member of the mint family and grows as an evergreen shrub. The Latin name is (rosmarinus) and means "dew of the sea," I guess it is a reference to its Mediterranean roots. It is a welcome culinary seasoning. I also find it a great stress reliever. Just drag your hand across a stem of the leaves on a stressful day. It will leave a little oil on the palm of your hand so you can enjoy its fragrance, sometimes until you wash your hands. I have read in several articles that rosemary is good for the following (only a few) migraines, anxiety, depression, insomnia and it goes on an on. Go to this web site and enjoy www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_rosemary.htm Have a blessed day!

1 comment: