Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alaska






After visiting Alaska my sister
was so inspiried by the beauty
she wrote this poem and I would like to share it with you.

God Lives Here
God, I thank you for sharing
This awesome beauty with me.
I promise to walk solftly, to whisper while I'm here
So I won't disturb this wonder to see.


My heart is singing ODE TO JOY! ODE TO JOY!
The magnifence of my suroundings, so steep
All encompassing! My mind to employ
The icebergs, the mountains and water so deep.


The eagles, the clouds, the trees
and the birds floating on ice.
LOOK! LOOK! Will you look?
They are so pleasing. so nice
You did good, God
In performing this task.
What wonderment. What beauty
FOR MORE I SHALL NOT ASK
Walk soltly now
As I promised to do
Whisper, so not to break the silence
As I promised to do
Thank you, God
I'm leaving you now
My mind is so full
Forget this! I don't know how
ODE TO JOY! My heart is singing
God You're talking to me now
Alaska's inside Passage is a true God experience!
~~~Dorothea Leone~~~

4 comments:

  1. Wow Judanna what a beautiful poem! I have heard from many people that Alaska is breathtakingly beautiful. God is awesome to have given us such beauty. How did your soup turn out? I wish we lived closer. I would run you over a batch of warm oatmeal raisin cookies :)Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are perfect with Aunt Dotty's poem, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judanna,
    So nice to meet you, I found your blog by visiting your daughter's, and I so enjoyed visiting with you both. The pictures of Alaska are breath taking, and what a lovely poem your sister wrote!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete